Tobacconist University (TU) is the independent academic institution that educates, certifies, and promotes retail tobacconists. TU has developed and administers multiple correspondence education and certification programs for tobacconists, manufacturer's reps and consumers. As a member service, IPCPR has partnered with Tobacconist University since 2006 to provide each Retailer member rights to certify a prescribed number of employees at no charge. Each Certified Retailer Tobacconist (CRT) certification has a retail value of $1,000 value, so IPCPR strongly encourages its Retailer members to take advantage of this generous professional development opportunity for the advancement of their employees, not to mention their stores' profitability.
The Tobacconist University Mission:
The TU Vision is to build and project the credibility of the premium tobacco industry in order to gain cultural acceptance around the world – preserving the premium tobacco industry for generations to come.
- Research, learn and teach in order to educate, certify, and promote the most knowledgeable and honorable tobacconists and consumers,
- Provide resources for tobacconists to leverage their businesses and assist their customers,
- Build credibility, culture, and community for tobacconists and consumers,
- Be the epicenter of cigar, pipe, and tobacco education.
NEW: TU CRT Certification Allotment for Retailer Members as of January 1, 2017
As IPCPR's official curriculum resource for professional tobacconists, TU will certify free of charge the prescribed number of employees of active Domestic (US) and International Retailer members per the following schedule:
- Tier 1 - Single Store Retailers: Three (3) CRT Certifications,
- Tier 2 - Two Store Retailers: Four (4) CRT Certifications,
- Tier 3 - 3 to 5 Store Retailers: Five (5) CRT Certifications,
- Tire 4 - 6 or more Store Retailers: Six (6) CRT Certifications.
NEW: Earning and/or Buying Additional TU CRT Certification as of January 1, 2017
- As a member loyalty reward, Retailer members earn rights to one (1) additional TU CRT certification for every two years of consecutive IPCPR dues payments,
- IPCPR Retailer members in good standing can purchase additional TU CRT certifications for $250 directly from Tobacconist University if their complimentary allotment has been met. This member benefit represents a $750 savings off the $1,000 retail value of each Certified Retail Tobacconist certification.
Benefits of Tobacconist University CRT Certification
Certified Retail Tobacconist (CRT) certifications recipients receive other benefits, including:
• Lapel Pin & Diplomas,
• Professional Designation, CRT & Use of TU Certified Medallion,
• Certified Tobacconist Listings & Promotion on TU Website,
• Provide customers with information on CRT Certify Consumers (CCT),
• Exclusive Access to TU Certified Products,
• Access to TU Certified Events and networking.
TU exists to support and promote retail tobacconists. You can leverage the free education, products, tools, and credibility of TU for your own success in endless ways. Ultimately, the value and credibility of TU will only be as great as the tobacconists who use it. So please, get involved and help us build a more prosperous and hopeful industry.
About TU (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/about.php
Get Certified (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/code_of_ethics.php?CertType=CRT
TU Code of Ethics & Standards (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/code_of_ethics.php
FAQ & How To (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/faq.php
TU Academic Curriculum (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/curriculum.php
TU Glossary (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/glossary.php
Certified Retail Tobacconists (link): http://tobacconistuniversity.org/certified.php?loc=Int_US&type=crt