Founded in 1933, the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR) is the oldest, largest and most active trade association representing and assisting retailers of premium tobacco products and their suppliers. IPCPR is a not-for-profit trade association recognized as the"Voice of Authority and Reason" on premium tobacco related issues. The Association provides its members with assistance in fighting onerous tobacco legislation and regulation, brings retailers and manufacturers together in mutually advantageous business relationships and provides its members with market data, research, services and product information to assist them in profitable operation of their businesses.
The organization formerly named RTDA - Retail Tobacco Dealers of America - changed its name to International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association in 2007 to distinguish its mission from that of cigarette and machine made cigar sellers and manufacturers.
In February, 2016, IPCPR opened its new headquarters a few blocks from the United States Capitol at: 513 Capitol Court, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20002.
IPCPR provides its member with:
Products and Discounts
- We track the constantly changing legislation that may have an impact on our members.
- We provide current legislative information through our Legislative Action Center
- We partner with other powerful industry trade associations to proactively address legislative issues with a clear, consistent and convincing voice.
- We convene members in individual states to help them develop effective strategies for legislative action - as a group or as individual business owners and taxpayers.
- We provide the vital information, tools and techniques that tobacconists need to successfully work with - and influence - their state and local legislators, including industry statistics, correspondence, petitions and talking points for testimony.
- We distribute legislative updates and calls to action so our members can immediately respond to the legislation that affects their businesses.
News and Information
- The IPCPR Annual Convention & International Trade Show is the retail tobacconist's most important event of the year - a four day extravaganza featuring the industry's largest trade show - open exclusively to IPCPR members.
- The IPCPR Retailer's Almanac is considered the "bible" of the tobacco industry, with over 300+ pages of product listings, ads and information on cigars, premium cigarettes, pipes, tobaccos, lighters, gift items and merchant services. The Almanac is indexed by supplier - including address and telephone numbers - as well as by product brand name and category and is only available to IPCPR members. It is now also available in its full version online to IPCPR members at the IPCPR website.
- Members receive complimentary subscriptions to Tobacconist and Smokeshop Magazines, two premier publications for the premium tobacconist industry.
- The quarterly member newsletter, the IPCPR Report, is filled with association and industry news, statistics and updates from throughout the industry.
- The members-only section of the IPCPR website is constantly updated with news and developments from all segments of the industry.
- The Find a Tobacconist feature on the IPCPR website allows consumers to easily find a quality tobacco retailer. Searchable by name, city/town, location (state) and zip code, it also allows direct links to your website, so keeping us informed of any changes to your email and your web address is very important.