|The International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR) is the oldest, largest and most active trade association representing and assisting premium retail tobacconists and their suppliers. IPCPR is a not-for-profit trade association organized as the advocate for the independent retail tobacconist and recognized as the"Voice of Authority and Reason" on premium tobacco related issues. IPCPR provides its members with assistance to fight draconian and onerous tobacco legislation, and brings retailers and manufacturers together in mutually advantageous business relationships
Founded in 1933, IPCPR (formerly RTDA):
- Provides its members with assistance to fight repressive and onerous tobacco legislation at all levels.
- Acts as the conduit to bring manufacturers and retailers together in mutually advantageous business relations.
- Makes available for its members information on resources, market data, research, services and product information which will help in the profitable operations of their businesses.
Products and Discounts
- We track the constantly changing legislation that may have an impact on our members.
- We provide current legislative information through our Legislative Action Center
- We partner with other powerful industry trade associations to proactively address legislative issues with a clear, consistent and convincing voice.
- We convene members in individual states to help them develop effective strategies for legislative action - as a group or as individual business owners and taxpayers.
- We provide the vital information, tools and techniques that tobacconists need to successfully work with - and influence - their state and local legislators, including industry statistics, correspondence, petitions and talking points for testimony.
- We distribute legislative updates and calls to action so our members can immediately respond to the legislation that affects their businesses.
News and Information
- The IPCPR Annual Convention & International Trade Show is the retail tobacconist's most important event of the year - a four day extravaganza featuring the industry's largest trade show - and only open to IPCPR members.
- The IPCPR Retailer's Almanac is considered the "bible" of the tobacco industry, with over 400+ pages of product listings, ads and information on cigars, premium cigarettes, pipes, tobaccos, lighters, gift items and merchant services. The Almanac is indexed by supplier - including address and telephone numbers - as well as by product brand name and category and is only available to IPCPR members. It is now also available in its full version online to IPCPR members at the IPCPR website.
- Members receive complimentary subscriptions to Tobacconist and Smokeshop Magazines, two premier publications for the premium tobacconist industry.
- The quarterly member newsletter, the IPCPR Report, is filled with association and industry news, statistics and updates from throughout the industry.
- The members-only section of the IPCPR website is constantly updated with news and developments from all segments of the industry.
- The Find a Tobacconist feature on the IPCPR website allows consumers to easily find a quality tobacco retailer. Searchable by name, city/town, location (state) and zip code, it also allows direct links to your website, so keeping us informed of any changes to your email and your web address is very important.